Finding the best running headphones can be a challenge. Not all headphones are created equal, and some are better suited for running than others. In this article, we will be discussing the best running headphones on the market.
When it comes to running headphones, there are a few critical things to consider before making a purchase. First and foremost, they need to be comfortable and secure. Running headphones that fall out or are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods are not going to be very useful. Additionally, they need to be sweat-resistant and durable since they will be exposed to moisture and potentially rough handling.
We spent hours researching and testing various running headphones to identify the best ones on the market. In this article, we will be discussing our top picks and what makes them stand out from the competition. Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just starting, having the right headphones can make all the difference in your running experience.
Best Running Headphones
Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just getting started, having a good pair of headphones can make all the difference in your workout. From noise-cancelling to waterproof options, we’ve rounded up the best running headphones on the market to help you find the perfect pair to enhance your running experience.
If you’re a distance runner in need of high-quality wireless sports earbuds, the Beats Powerbeats Pro are a great choice. They offer a secure fit, long battery life, and great sound quality.
- Adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Powerful, balanced sound with dynamic range and noise isolation
- Earbuds connect independently via Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts
- Enhanced phone call performance and call handling from either earbud
The Beats Powerbeats Pro are totally wireless, which makes them perfect for distance runners who don’t want to worry about cords getting in the way. The adjustable, secure-fit earhooks ensure that the earbuds stay in place no matter how intense your workout is. The earbuds are also sweat and water-resistant, which means you can wear them in any weather.
The battery life is impressive, with up to 9 hours of listening time on a single charge. The charging case provides more than 24 hours of additional battery life. The earbuds connect independently via Class 1 Bluetooth, which means you get extended range and fewer dropouts. The earbuds also have volume and track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and Auto Play/Pause.
The sound quality is excellent, with powerful, balanced sound and dynamic range. The earbuds also offer noise isolation, which means you can focus on your music without any distractions. The earbuds also have enhanced phone call performance and call handling from either earbud, which makes them great for taking calls on the go.
If you’re looking for wireless running earbuds that can last for a long time and won’t fall out during your runs, the GOLREX Wireless Earbuds with LED Display and 36hrs Playtime are a great choice.
- Dual LED Digital Display shows remaining battery of the case and charging status of earbuds
- Wireless charging and Type-C charge for convenient charging
- One button control and auto on/connect for easy operation
- May not fit comfortably for all ear shapes and sizes
- Volume may not be loud enough for some users
- No noise-cancellation feature
The GOLREX Wireless Earbuds are designed for sports and are IPX7 sweat-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about getting them wet or sweaty. With a high-fidelity audio and crystal-clear call quality, you can enjoy your music and take calls without any distractions. The earbuds have a strong, consistent Bluetooth connection to your device within 30 feet. The 11mm drivers and volume-optimized active EQ keep audio clear and balanced at any volume, and the high compliance diaphragm reproduces a rich bass range, also enhancing sound quality and reducing distortion.
The earbuds have a 650mAh charging case that has up to 36hrs playback with 5 additional charges, giving you the extra electricity it takes to keep your music going. The case supports wireless charging and Type-C charge, and the earbuds have one button control and auto on/connect for easy operation. The multi-function button on each earphone can manage audio play or calls effortlessly. With earbuds seated in the case, wireless earphones shut down and recharge.
Overall, the GOLREX Wireless Earbuds with LED Display and 36hrs Playtime are a great choice for distance runners who want a reliable, long-lasting pair of earbuds that won’t fall out during their runs.
If you’re looking for affordable, high-quality wireless earbuds for running that stay put and deliver powerful bass sound, the Boean Running Wireless Earbuds are a great choice.
- Flexible earhook design provides a comfortable, secure fit for running, jogging, hiking, biking, gym workouts, and other activities.
- 11mm dynamic drivers with CVC 8.0 sound isolation technology deliver fantastic sound quality with powerful bass and crystal-clear calls.
- Up to 15 hours of audio play thanks to the latest CSR chipset technology, which provides lower power consumption and faster, more stable signal transmission.
- May not be suitable for sprinters or other athletes who need to move their head quickly, as the ear hooks may shift slightly during intense movements.
- May not fit all ear sizes and shapes perfectly, which could lead to discomfort during long runs or workouts.
- May not be the most durable option for athletes who frequently expose their earbuds to sweat, rain, or other moisture.
The Boean Running Wireless Earbuds are a great choice for distance runners who want high-quality sound, a comfortable fit, and long battery life at an affordable price. The flexible earhook design ensures that the earbuds stay put during even the most intense workouts, while the powerful bass and clear calls make it easy to stay motivated and connected. However, sprinters and athletes who need to move their head quickly may find that the ear hooks shift slightly during intense movements, and those with unusual ear sizes or shapes may experience discomfort during long runs or workouts. Additionally, the earbuds may not be the most durable option for athletes who frequently expose their earbuds to sweat, rain, or other moisture. Overall, the Boean Running Wireless Earbuds are a solid choice for distance runners who want to stay connected and motivated during their workouts.
If you are looking for wireless earbuds that can keep up with your workouts, the Occiam Wireless Earbuds are a great choice.
- 48-hour battery life with charging case
- Splashproof and secure fit for sports and exercise
- LED power display for charging case
- May not fit comfortably for all ear shapes and sizes
- Sound quality could be better
- Bluetooth connection can be spotty at times
The Occiam Wireless Earbuds are designed with sports and exercise in mind, featuring adjustable and secure fit silicone ear hooks and an ergonomic design to ensure they stay comfortably in place during even the most strenuous workouts. The IPX5 splashproof rating also protects the earbuds from water and sweat damage.
With a 48-hour battery life and LED power display for the charging case, you won’t have to worry about running out of juice mid-run. And when you’re done, simply pop the earbuds back in the case to recharge.
While the sound quality may not be the best on the market, the microphones on the earbuds reduce background noise and make phone calls from a stable signal with low power consumption. And with one-step auto pairing, you can easily connect to your mobile device and seamlessly switch between single and twin mode.
If you’re in the market for wireless earbuds that can keep up with your distance running routine, the Occiam Wireless Earbuds are a solid choice.
If you are looking for wireless headphones that will stay put during your workout and allow you to stay aware of your surroundings, the SHOKZ OpenRun Pro is a great choice.
- Bud-free design for maximum comfort
- Bone conduction headphone technology delivers premium sound quality
- Wraparound titanium frame ensures a secure fit
- May not be suitable for sprinters or high-intensity workouts
- Sound quality may not be as good as traditional headphones
- Price point may be higher than some competitors
The SHOKZ OpenRun Pro headphones feature a unique bud-free design that eliminates discomfort during long runs. The bone conduction technology delivers premium audio quality without blocking out your surroundings, making it safer for outdoor runners. The wraparound titanium frame ensures a secure fit, so you don’t have to worry about your headphones falling out during your workout. However, the headphones may not be suitable for sprinters or high-intensity workouts, and the sound quality may not be as good as traditional headphones. Additionally, the price point may be higher than some competitors.
When it comes to buying the best running headphones, there are a few features that distance runners should consider:
Comfort is a key factor when choosing workout headphones. Look for headphones that are lightweight and have a secure fit, so they don’t move around while you run. Earbuds with different sizes of tips can help you find the perfect fit.
2. Sweat and Water Resistance
Since running can be a sweaty activity, it’s important to choose headphones that are sweat and water-resistant. Look for headphones with an IPX rating of 4 or higher, which means they can withstand splashes of water and sweat.
3. Battery Life
Long battery life is important for distance runners who want to listen to music or podcasts for hours on end. Look for headphones with a battery life of at least 6 hours, or consider getting a pair with a charging case.
4. Sound Quality
Sound quality is also important when choosing running headphones. Look for headphones with good bass and clear treble, and consider noise-cancelling headphones if you want to block out external noise while you run.
Finally, consider the connectivity options for your running headphones. Bluetooth headphones are the most popular choice, but some runners prefer wired headphones to avoid connectivity issues. If you choose Bluetooth headphones, look for ones with a good range and easy pairing process.
|Sweat and Water Resistance||High|
By considering these features, you can find the best running headphones for your needs and preferences.