Looking for a healthy and delicious meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than this Soba Noodles and Crispy Kale recipe! Packed with flavour and nutrients, this vegan dish is perfect for anyone looking to indulge in a tasty meal without compromising on their health. In this post, we will be sharing step-by-step instructions on how to prepare this recipe, along with some tips to make it even better. So, let’s get started!
Recipes for Runners: Vegan-Friendly Soba Noodles and Crispy Kale
200g firm tofu, chopped into bite-sized cubes and dabbed dry with kitchen paper
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 large handfuls of kale, stalks removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
20g nutritional yeast
200g mushrooms, sliced
240g soba noodles (I use buckwheat soba noodles)
½ cucumber, sliced into ribbons
120g light tahini
2 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
½ tsp chilli flakes
Zest and juice of 1 lime
60ml extra virgin olive oil
- Start by marinating the tofu in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil. Leave it to sit for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Prepare the kale by coating it in the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and nutritional yeast.
- Ensure it’s evenly coated by using your hands. Lay it out on two large, lined baking trays. Make sure there is no overlap. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
- While the kale is cooking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the tofu until golden brown. Transfer it to a plate and set it aside. Use the same pan to sauté the mushrooms until cooked through and tender.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions. Rinse well under cold water.
- Grab a large serving plate and add the soba noodles and mushrooms. Pour over the sauce, ensuring the noodles are evenly coated. Top with the crispy kale, tofu, and cucumber ribbons. Mix everything together and enjoy!
- When cooking the tofu, make sure not to overcrowd the pan. This will ensure that it cooks evenly.
- To get the perfect crispy kale, make sure to spread it out on the baking trays. Overlapping will cause it to steam and become soft instead of crispy.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of chilli flakes according to your personal taste preference.
- If you want to add some extra protein to this dish, you can sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds or chopped peanuts on top before serving.
This Soba Noodles and Crispy Kale recipe is a healthy and delicious meal that’s easy to prepare. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and is sure to satisfy your taste buds while keeping you healthy. So, go ahead and give it a try!